Student Job Postings
With nearly 100 student positions to fill every year the athletics and recreation department at UBC's Okanagan campus is one of the largest departments to employee students on campus.
Opportunities range from basketball referees for intramural sport to editing video from the Heat varsity home games. Working for the athletic department offers many challenges and opportunities that will enhance your on campus experience.
Hiring will take place throughout the year, but hiring is generally completed by August and mid-September at the latest. However, students with a passion to work for the Athletics department are encouraged to apply throughout the year.
- To see the positions and apply online, login to UBCO Job Board on CareerConnect: students.ok.ubc.ca/careers/services/jobs
- Pay depends on the position and experience, but rates generally fall somewhere between $12.00 - $14.00 per hour.
Are you a student looking for resume building experiences?
Working for varsity athletics can give you an unbelievable opportunity to obtain real life experience with some or all of these skills:
- Event management
- Promotions and promotional campaigns
- Social media creation and engagement
- Writing, interviewing and copy editing
- Photography and photo editing
- Video filming and editing
- Video broadcasting and producing
- Web design and maintenance
- Public speaking
- Crowd interaction and control
- Sales and marketing
- Work with statistical databases
- Fast-paced data entry and game scoring
These skills would be an asset on the resume of any student, and these skills fit in especially well with those in the faculty of management who have a passion for sales, marketing or promotions and those in Human Kinetics who would also relish a career in athletics.
For those with an appetite to work for UBC Okanagan Heat varsity athletics, please forward your cover letter/resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.